The Planning Department is responsible for a range of activities related to land use and development in the Village of East Hampton. This department works closely with Town officials and community groups to ensure that new developments meet the needs and expectations of Village Residents, while also adhering to zoning regulations and other legal requirements.
Some of the specific tasks performed by the Planning Department may include:
- Conducting studies and assessments of the local community.
- Developing long-term plans and strategies for future growth and development.
- Reviewing and approving building permits and site plans.
- Working with developers to ensure that their projects are following local regulations and standards.
- Providing technical assistance and support to Town departments and community organizations on matters related to land use and development.