Zoning Board of Appeals
- 11 a.m.
- 2nd Friday of each month
- Emergency Services Building
1 Cedar Street
Main Meeting Room
East Hampton, 11937
- John L. McGuirk III, Chairman 2026
- James H. McMullan, Vice Chair 2025
- Andrew Baris 2026
- Philip O'Connell 2023
- Joseph B. Rose 2025
- Abigail Lamb, Alternate 2025
- Shahab Karmely, Alternate 2026
The Board of Trustees of the Village is responsible for the adoption of the zoning law and amendments. The zoning law is the basis on which the Zoning Board of Appeals works. Zoning regulations are adopted in accordance with the Village’s comprehensive plan.
The Board of Appeals has jurisdiction to hear and decide the following:
- Appeals: Applications brought by aggrieved persons from interpretations of the village code made by the building inspector or from other determinations made by him.
- Interpretations: Applications brought directly to the Board of Appeals by any local agency for interpretations of provisions of the village code.
- Variances: Applications brought by persons for variances from the strict application of provisions of the village code.
- Special Permits: Applications brought by persons for special permits.
For more information on zoning, planning, and design review, contact Pam Bennett, Village Clerk.