Planning & Zoning

The School House

A small wooden building with two windows and a white door

The small building just north of Clinton Academy was proposed in 1730 as a town house for the use of the community but came to be known as the School House on account of its daytime use. Originally located near Hook Mill, it was later moved opposite the South End Burial Ground where it functioned as a school, public hall, and church. It was moved to its present location in 1958 by the East Hampton Historical Society.